Saturday, March 24, 2012

Unseasonably Warm: Biking Pittsburgh Bits

It’s been unseasonably warm and sunny this Spring. (Though, as I write this, it’s a rainy Saturday morning and the forecast shows temps in the 50s next week…) The city has felt super alive; people are out on the streets, having meals outdoors, hanging out in the parks. And the number of bikes on the streets seems to have quadrupled. Simply put: amazing.

Last week a couple biking-Pittsburgh related things caught my attention, so now I will bring them to yours. First, I saw two BikePGH posters/graphics last week that I was immediately taken with:


How simple and excellent is that?

I probably require a poster of this to add to my wall.


The second biking-Pittsburgh related thing I enjoyed last week was Essential Pittsburgh’s Friday, March 23 broadcast all about, well, biking in Pittsburgh. The show covered BikePGH’s work and commentary about the current biking culture in Pittsburgh, information about purchasing and maintaining a bike, and an introduction to the various trail systems throughout the city.

I hope you find some time to enjoy Pittsburgh on two wheels this spring. It really is the best way to get around town, and you get to feel a part of the liveliness this time of years brings about.

No comments:

Post a Comment