Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012: Summer Weather

This was an amazing week that yielded three long rides and a lovely ride home from Regent Square after watching the Pens annihilate the Rangers in Crosby’s second big return-game of the year. (This is the best time of the year to like hockey. Things are getting so exciting! Games are getting bigger and more meaningful!) On that ride I headed back toward Bloomfield while a lightning storm hung over the city. It’s only mid-March, but it honestly felt like summer.


This past Saturday, Carrie and I planned out a nice little bike ride that just so happened to fall on St. Paddy’s Day. We stayed out of Downtown, but couldn’t avoid the South Side and Station Square. I mean, to each his or her own, but I’m really glad St. Paddy’s Day is not a holiday I circle on my calendar every year. We stuck to trails and stopped along the way to have a very Parisian lunch on the side of the Mon. We made friends with some geese. They ate our bread and our strawberries.


In total we went just over 22 miles. And I got a pretty nice sunburn. I might not officially celebrate any smidge of Irish heritage I’m sure I’ve got from somewhere in my family tree, but I sure do turn red like a lobster when the sun gets its first good chance at my forearms.






A couple more biking tunes for your enjoyment:

Memory Tapes - Bicycle


Cut Copy - Where I'm Going


No comments:

Post a Comment