Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 15 Update & A NEW BIKE!


Week 15 Total = 48.2 miles biked!

I needed a week off. Not totally off, because I still commuted to work and ran quick errands on two wheels. But, I think I needed to give my body a bit of a rest. Tomorrow I'm going to kick off a week that will hopefully take me past the 1,000-mile mark. I don't think I'll hit 500 miles for April now, but I'm learning to be okay when I realize that maybe some of my goals are a little ambitious.

IN OTHER NEWS MEET BLUE:

This morning, when I woke up with a semi-major-hangover (hockey playoffs, folks!), I would have never guessed I'd have a new bike sitting in my study twelve hours later. But my friend Allie wanted to stop by Thick Bikes to see about the kind of bike she might want to buy so I went with. She was reluctant to take one of the bikes out for a test spin, so I told her I would take one out too. I asked a few questions about single-speeds, because the ideas of a) having a second bike and b) having a super simple bike had been in the back of my head for a while now. A tad impulsively, I brought the single-speed bike home with me. I haven't gotten to take it out for a test ride yet, but I'm hoping to kickstart a serious biking week with one tomorrow.


If you're in Pittsburgh and looking for a bike, I would definitely recommend Thick Bikes on the South Side. Chris helped both Allie and me and he was happy to answer our questions and get us set up with the perfect bikes to test out.

No comments:

Post a Comment